Due to expansion, we are recruiting for an Audience Development Director to work closely with the Senior Exec team to set and deliver the Audience (and Data) strategy for the full media portfolio for all brands, ensuring optimal processes & associated reporting procedures are in place. This role includes the responsibility of managing, coaching and mentoring the Audience team.
It will be essential to be self-motivated, driven with initiative, ability to apply strategies to deliver results, whilst demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to the fulfil the needs of the business.
- Establish an annual audience plan and strategy for audience growth & acquisition
- Conduct market and competitor research, market sizing and mapping exercises
- Ensure acquisition costs are monitored and best practice is applied
- Maintain existing datasets & continue to develop new prospects
- Audience lifecycle management through best practice
- Develop strategies & campaigns that drive user acquisition and support audience retention
- Work with data team to grow database through internal and external methods
- Utilise data insights to shape decision making and strategy
- Support and facilitate new product development and launch to raise awareness, drive engagement and ROI
- Develop existing subscriber/membership strategy with an emphasis on engagement
- Ability to set, define, rollout and report on key metrics to track campaign performance for all activities
- Lead, manage and develop all members of the Audience team (including Data) and any external resource
- Provide regular reporting and updates on Audience status, strategy and progress towards objectives
- Analyse and test campaign performance
- Maintain a consistent knowledge of contemporary marketing techniques and tools
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- 15+ years’ experience in audience development/marketing within a commercial environment with a proven track record of success and at least 5 years’ experience within the media sector
- Persona profiling, mapping audience universes, user experience and engagement
- Experienced in deploying/implementing membership & subscription strategies
- Knowledge of integrated marketing techniques and automation
- Understanding of lead automation software and lead nurturing campaigns
- Use of CRM marketing solutions and technology, with practical working knowledge of segmentation, targeting, automation and testing
- People management
- Advanced understanding of legislation including GDPR and compliance relating to audience acquisition and marketing
We are committed to ensuring everyone feels included, valued and appreciated and we offer a supportive, flexible working environment, amazing opportunities for personal and professional development.
Other benefits also include
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- Pension contribution
- Free car parking
- Benefits platform with discounts, wellness and engagement tools
- Christmas closure
- Company events
We do offer a hybrid/ flexible working policy however, it will be necessary that applicants can commute and attend the office based in Brasted, Kent.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com
#publishing #media #audiencedevelopment #data #membershipandsubscriptions #audiencedevelopmentdirector #audienceanddata