|Location:||Brasted, Westerham, Kent|
Russell Publishing is looking for driven and ambitious sales people to join the team to support the success of the company and it’s 6 brands within the Science (New Food Magazine, European Pharmaceutical Review & Drug Target Review) and Transport (Global Railway Review, International Airport Review & Intelligent Transport Magazine) sectors.
The sales team are responsible for identifying and developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate revenue through bookings and sales of Russell Publishing’s portfolio of print, digital, event and conference products. Connecting and building effective relationships with clients through cold-calling, follow up of in-coming leads and researching potential new opportunities.
Applicants must be extremely self-motivated and able to keep track of their prospects using an accurate forecast. Both written and verbal communications skills are essential.
UK and International travel to visit clients and to attend external industry events is required.
- Proven sales experience within events/ media sector
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills – for both internal and external contacts
- Reliable, diligent and conscientious – presenting a high level of professionalism to clients and colleagues
- A creative approach is beneficial to undertake research to source and generate leads
- Competitive and ambitious in hitting targets and KPIs
- A Customer-focused and ability to problem-solve effectively
- Develop new business through telephone calls and other media options to expand client base and increase sales
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new clients through research
- Gain a sound understanding of the event core subject matter and provide insight and market feedback to the wider event team; research current and upcoming industry events
- Follow up on marketing efforts to convert prospects into attendees
- Consistently meet and exceed delegate registration targets on your allocated events
- Maintain and further develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Attendance at relevant exhibitions/conferences with international travel as required
- On-site duties at the event(s) as required
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com