Due to growth and expansion, Russell Publishing is looking for a driven and ambitious experienced Business Development Director to join the team to support the success of the company and it’s brands.
The business development/ sales team are responsible for identifying and developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate revenue through bookings and sales of Russell Publishing’s portfolio of print, digital, event and conference products. Connecting and building effective relationships with clients through cold-calling, follow up of in-coming leads and researching potential new opportunities.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their individual success and achievements in generating revenue for both print and digital products. Excellent communication skills are essential.
UK and International travel to visit clients and to attend external industry events is required.
- A 8 years + proven track record of business development/ sales within media
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills – for both internal and external contacts
- Reliable, diligent and conscientious – presenting a high level of professionalism to clients and colleagues
- A creative approach is beneficial to undertake research to source and generate leads
- Competitive and ambitious in hitting targets and KPIs
- A Customer-focused and ability to problem-solve effectively
- Develop new business through telephone calls and other media options to expand client base and increase sales
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new clients through research
- Gain a sound understanding of the core subject matter and provide insight and market feedback to the wider team;
- Research relevant upcoming industry events
- Follow up on marketing efforts to convert prospects into attendees
- Consistently meet and exceed revenue targets on your allocated brand
- Maintain and further develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Attendance at relevant exhibitions/conferences with international travel as required
- On-site duties at the event(s) as required
ue to the COVID pandemic the company is currently operating a work from home arrangement. We do offer a hybrid/ flexible working policy however, it will be necessary that applicants can commute and attend the office based in Brasted, Kent.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org