Russell Publishing is looking for a driven and ambitious person to join the team, who is determined to expand and develop their sales/ business development skills.
Our business development team are responsible for proactively identifying and developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate revenue through our print, digital and events portfolio.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their willingness to learn and previous achievements within sales/ business development role. Excellent communication skills are essential.
The sales team are responsible for identifying and developing strong relationships with new and existing clients to generate revenue through bookings and sales of Russell Publishing’s portfolio of print, digital, event and conference products. Connecting and building effective relationships with clients through cold-calling, follow up of in-coming leads and researching potential new opportunities.
- A minimum of 1.5 years business development or sales experience
- Experience of selling any media products is preferable, but not essential
- High level of communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills – for both internal and external contacts
- Excellent IT skills is essential with CRM knowledge and experience
- Reliable, diligent and conscientious – presenting a high level of professionalism to clients and colleagues
- A creative approach is beneficial to undertake research to source and generate leads
- Competitive and ambitious in hitting targets and KPIs
- A Customer-focused and ability to problem-solve effectively
- Personal revenue generation
- Develop new business through telephone calls and other media options to expand client base and increase sales
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new clients through research
- Follow up on marketing efforts to convert prospects into attendees
- Consistently meet and exceed delegate registration targets on your allocated events
- Maintain and further develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients
- Attendance at relevant exhibitions/conferences with international travel as required
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org