We are looking for an Editor to commission and curate high quality content for the Intelligent Transport brand across all its existing multi-media platforms (print, digital, live), as well as create new content products to drive new subscribers, increase reader engagement and generate revenue growth.
The successful candidate will manage and edit both the print and digital content for the brand. The work also involves looking after a fast-growing group of industry contributors who specialise in a wide range of relevant content.
We are looking for experienced candidates with a good track record of working closely with advertising, marketing and events departments to optimise commercial success.
- Responsible for delivering content for the brands across all channels and targeting the appropriate to the audience – including website, email, print, video, podcast and webinar.
- Research and write and/ or Commission authors/ industry experts to produce articles and features for the title via interviews, telephone and email, to grow and develop the brand.
- Representing the publications at events in the UK and worldwide.
- Forward plan each year’s issues considering market trends.
- Identify future markets and new products with editorial & commercial potential.
- Manage strategic partnerships with third parties in print and multimedia journalism.
- Ensure copy delivered is cleared for press and working closely with the production team.
- Management of Assistant Editors and Editorial Assistants.
- Degree in a journalism, communications or a related field, or related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing content for a publication in the B2B sector (preferably a science publication)
- Proven digital B2B editorial experience, producing insight-driven journalism for news portals.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Attention to detail, flexible and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets
- Strong proofing / subbing skills /attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office is essential, including Word and Excel. Adobe creative packages would be advantageous but not essential.
Due to the COVID pandemic the company is currently operating a work from home arrangement. We do offer a flexible working policy however it will be necessary that applicants can commute and attend the office based in Brasted, Kent.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com