|Location:||Brasted, Westerham, Kent|
Russell Publishing is looking for an Editor to join the science and food division to support the success of the international B2B information brand – New Food.
The company’s science and food division comprises three brands – New Food Magazine, European Pharmaceutical Review and Drug Target Review.
The successful candidate will manage and edit the New Food Magazine and it’s online content. The work also involves looking after a fast-growing group of industry contributors who specialise in a wide range of relevant content. Some international travel is required.
We’re looking for candidates with a good track record of working closely with advertising, marketing and events departments to optimise commercial success.
Experience in the food sector and/ or business-to-business publishing would be advantageous.
- Responsible for delivering content for the brands across all channels and targeting the appropriate to the audience – including website, email, print, video, podcast and webinar.
- Research and write and/ or Commission authors/ industry experts to produce articles and features for the title via interviews, telephone and email, to grow and develop the brand.
- Representing the publications at events in the UK and worldwide.
- Forward plan each year’s issues considering market trends.
- Identify future markets and new products with editorial & commercial potential.
- Manage strategic partnerships with third parties in print and multimedia journalism.
- Ensure copy delivered is cleared for press and working closely with the production team.
- Degree in journalism, communications or a related field, or related work experience.
- 2+ years of experience managing content for a publication in the B2B sector.
- Proven digital B2B editorial experience, producing insight-driven journalism for news portals.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong proofing / subbing skills /attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office is essential, including Word and Excel. Adobe creative packages would be advantageous but not essential.
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com