|Location:||Brasted, Westerham, Kent|
Russell Publishing is looking for an experienced Event Manager to manage the Operations, Administration and Support for our B2B conferences, on a fixed term contract (11 months) to cover maternity leave.
This role will require a minimum of four events to be co-ordinated to the highest logistical standard, with two of these events running back-to-back in the same week. The events are comprised of one to two-day conferences with multiple streams and 20-40 exhibitors plus up to 600 attendees per event. The ideal candidate will have at least four years event management experience with extensive experience in venue contracting, budget creation, management and reconciliation. This role will be fast paced and being able to manage a varying workload will be key.
Applicants must have 4 years + solid event management experience.
- Manage all activities – pre-event, onsite setup and post event activities
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers
- Write and maintain event plans
- Full responsibility for event logistics, resulting in the delivery of high quality, smooth running events
- Source, allocate and brief each event’s on-site team
- Liaise with marketing, sales and editorial departments for all on-site features and deliverables
- Budget management
- At least 4+ years proven experience in managing events & conferences.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- IT skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Good time management skills and ability to work to deadlines.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams.
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org