We are recruiting for a Facilities Coordinator to work closely with the Head of People & Workplace to support and ensure a smooth and effective running of the workplace. The role is diverse, with a range of responsibilities related to Office, Facilities and IT management and assisting with ad hoc projects as required and will require someone who is driven, enthusiastic and demonstrates a can-do attitude.
The role is key to supporting the continuous improvement of the workplace culture and environment by ensuring all projects are delivered and legislative requirements are met.
It will be essential to have excellent organisational skill, project and time management to ensure the core activities and workload are processed in an efficient manner whilst demonstrating flexibility and adaptability.
The core activities will include:
- First point of contact for any queries related to IT, Facilities and Office Management
- Work closely with the People/ HR team
- Assist with creation of policies related to IT, Facilities and Office Management
- Undertake research for projects as required
- Manage asset register and equipment allocation
- Setup IT equipment for users
- Coordinate system upgrades or implementation and rollouts
- Coordinate issue escalation and see through to resolution
- Manage telephone system
- Work closely with Head of People & Workplace and Outsource IT supplier to coordinate and implement system upgrades and rollouts
- Maintain and order company stationery, office supplies and general purchases
- Manage keys, alarm and security of the office
- Assist with internal moves, keeping related documentation updated
- Coordinate fire and health & safety procedures, ensuring a safe and secure work environment for employees that complies with legislative requirements
- Undertake risk assessments
- Manage facilities maintenance work (internal, external, fixtures, fittings, services etc)
- Manage suppliers, related contracts and undertake reviews to ensure best quality of service and cost efficiencies i.e. systems, estate, landlord, outsourced IT, printer company
- Assist with arranging company events
- Distribution and processing of post
- Provide support and assistance to employees in relation to first aid, ensuring the first aid book and HR records are updated
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent Communication (written & verbal) – accuracy and professional.
- Excellent administration & organisational skills
- At least 3 years proven track record in similar role with transferrable skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, with flexibility to adapt to changes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team and individually
- Ability to adopt common sense approach
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Ability to remain calm and measured when under pressure and in challenging situations – be an influence on others and always strive to find a solution
- Qualified first aider – training will be provided if necessary
- Qualified fire warden – training will be provided if necessary
Due to the COVID pandemic the company is currently operating a work from home arrangement. We do offer a hybrid/ flexible working policy however due to the nature of this role there will be a requirement of a minimum of 3-4 days per week to be office based. It will be necessary that applicants can commute and attend the office based in Brasted, Kent.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org