We are recruiting for a Head of Sales to undertake the management of our Commercial team and be actively involved with sales and business development activity. You will need to have a solid background in B2B media sales and management along with a consistent career history. Experience in training and development of a sales team is a prerequisite to support the continued success and growth of the team, brands and company.
Applicants should have at least 10 years’ experience within a B2B multimedia sales environment and 5 years management experience, with a proven track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a team.
UK and International travel to visit clients and to attend external industry events is required.
- Takes primary responsibility for building and promoting profitable, sustainable revenues from existing customers and for developing relationships and revenues with new/existing customers
- Maintain and grow yields through a value-based selling strategy
- Develop complex and high-level relationships with key customers; effectively understand their objectives and offer tailored solutions to best meet these; subsequently achieving revenue targets
- Direct and shape the sales efforts for all campaigns whilst ensuring that sales staff are trained, motivated, and developed to deliver sales and performance targets
- Develop new revenue streams and opportunities utilising industry knowledge/resources as appropriate to shape overall business strategy
- Ensure a culture of sales excellence including unrivalled customer service is delivered
Key Skills & Requirements:
- At least 10 years’ commercial experience with a minimum of 5 years’ managing diverse and high-performing sales teams
- Proven track record of successfully recruiting, building, and retaining a team
- Extensive knowledge and experience of B2B media across all mediums (display, events, digital and custom)
- Successful track record in a fast-paced, international sales environment, developing and implementing a strategy to win, grow and maximize new opportunities
- Understanding and working knowledge of legislation including GDPR and advertising best practice
- Excellent communication, organisation, and time management skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills along with CRM experience
Due to the COVID pandemic the company is currently operating a work from home arrangement. We do offer a hybrid/ flexible working policy however, it will be necessary that applicants can commute and attend the office based in Brasted, Kent.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com