|Location:||Brasted, Westerham, Kent|
Russell Publishing is a dynamic, independent media company providing informative insights to the industries we serve across our print, digital and live event platforms.
Established in 1992, we are a friendly, family-owned business with a passion for innovation and creating impact in everything we do.
We are looking for a Junior Digital Editor to work across our two B2B science publications – Drug Target Review and European Pharmaceutical Review. The ideal candidate will champion our digital content, contributing original news, features, podcasts and videos to our websites, as well as assisting the editor produce 10 print editions per year.
You will have the opportunity to attend events, interview industry experts and help grow our digital presence.
If you are looking for a fast-paced role within a friendly team, then please send us your CV.
A background in science and/or journalism is desirable.
- Source, write and upload engaging news stories for the web and social media channels
- Pitch, write and edit original features for print and online
- Research and conduct interviews with industry professionals
- Attend and report on industry-related conferences and events
- Proof and sub-edit magazine and online content
- Create regular podcasts and media content
- Host webinar sessions with industry experts
- Work closely with the marketing team to assist with marketing strategies
- Assist the editor with day-to-day tasks
- Build a network of contacts
- Keep up to date with industry news, trends and developments
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Science, English, journalism or communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in print and online
- Proven sub-editing skills
- Strong online digital skills, including videos, podcasts and social media
- Experience working with WordPress or similar CMS
- Excellent administration, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals and drug development, or a willingness to learn.
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org