Deadline for application: 4th September 2020
We are looking for a Marketing Director to join the team on a 5 – 6 month maternity cover contract to provide leadership to the Marketing, Data and Multimedia teams. The role is to lead, develop and execute the Marketing strategy across the full portfolio of brands as well as the corporate brand to drive engagement, membership and audience development.
The key aspects of the role will be to:
- To provide leadership to the Marketing, Data and Multimedia Teams including performance management and learning and development (a team of 18)
- To lead, develop and execute the marketing strategy across the full portfolio for all of Russell Publishing’s brands as well as the corporate brand (of Russell Publishing) to drive engagement, membership and audience development
- Responsible for the data aspects within the business including integration of systems, master data management strategy and data governance
- Working with the Events Teams and Commercial Sales Teams to deliver events marketing and also all client campaigns being executed in a timely manner to hit targets and help drive revenues
- Execute the strategy and provide support to the team to ensure key business targets are achieved.
- Maintaining up to date key metric reports to measure effectiveness and progress against targets and objectives.
- Manage the strategic direction of marketing team including KPI’s across brands, including brand direction, management of relevant systems in terms of marketing activity and implementation of best practice marketing to drive engagement across the brands as well as process and system improvements.
- Oversee the management and tracking of agreed marketing spend.
- Track and report regularly on campaign results (print, digital, social, PPC/SEO, contras) identifying successes and areas for improvement.
- Manage the strategic direction of including data strategy for the team development of KPI’s across data implementation of best practice data management including but not limited to adoption of Workbooks and other systems, data and audience/member strategy to drive engagement and develop customer journeys involving nurture campaigns across the brands as well as process improvements in processes.
- Management of the team to work with all other areas of the business on marketing of events; day-to-day requirements across the full marketing mix and across all brands including Russell Publishing corporate brand as well as liaising with Production team members to ensure effective workflow across the business.
- Performance management and development of IDP’s for all team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years’ experience in marketing within a commercial environment; experienced in marketing, data and sales.
- Experienced at Director level with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field; MBA or Post Graduate Qualification in Marketing.
- Full experience across the marketing mix (including all digital channels) and in directing and managing integrated marketing planning, execution and measurement.
- Experienced in people management and development.
- Publishing/media/events experience is essential.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of legislation including GDPR and compliance relating to marketing and data.
- High attention to detail, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure to meet targets.
- Excellent organisational skills, with flexibility to adapt to changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others in and outside the sales function.
- Commercial acumen and business awareness.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Create, expand and maintain positive relationships by liaising ‘regularly’ with colleagues within the Company and contacts externally in a professional manner in order to ensure that the highest standards are maintained.
- Strong understanding and usage software, systems and CRMs i.e. MS Office, Workbooks, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress), Photoshop, Webinar broadcast systems (e.g. GoToWebinar), Email Marketing systems (e.g. Communigator, Campaign Monitor, Adestra, MessageFocus).
Currently the business is working from home due to COVID-19 until January 2021. However, due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work when do we return to working in the office.
If you would like to apply, please send a covering letter, CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com