We are looking for a Media Systems & Web Developer to work closely with our Media Systems Manager to support with the delivery of the ongoing development and day-to-day support of Russell Publishing’s digital and related publishing systems, solutions, platforms, infrastructure and products.
The successful applicant should have at least 3 years’ experience managing digital programmes and systems, preferably in the B2B media/events sector.
The role requires someone with a solution driven mindset who has awareness and knowledge of IT/systems security and GDPR.
- Provide 1st, 2nd, 3rd line support to teams across the Russell Publishing business handling incidents, service and change requests relating to media systems and media operations.
- Provide recommendations relating to new functionality along with suggestions, pricing options and SWOT analysis of the solution to the Media Systems Manager and Media Operations Director.
- Production of reports and analysis to track systems usage and KPI’s. Configure and deliver digital advertising products on behalf of customers including html files, banners, content delivery and any associated changes required on WordPress platform to promote and publish client materials and in-house content.
- Produce documentation and user training to ensure stakeholders maximise the potential of all systems.
- To support the SEO strategy for the websites with a focus on Google Core Web Vitals.
- To work with the Media Systems Manager and Media Operations Director to ensure compliance in terms of GDPR on all systems and that appropriate security, technical and organisational measures are put in place to protect the data integrity of Russell Publishing as a business and ensuring ongoing evolution of compliance aspects.
- Keep abreast of and apply best practice in the area of UX and usability to suggest and make continuous improvements to websites and the functions they offer and ensure optimisation of UX/UI across all systems.
- Digital systems include: Workbooks, WordPress CMS, Spotler, GoToWebinar, Google suite (Data Studio, Tag Manager, News, Scholar), Buffer, Swapcard, Form & Membership systems
- At least 3 years’ experience managing digital programmes and systems, preferably in the B2B media/events sector.
- Understanding of digital marketing, including but not limited to content, SEO, optimisation, UX and UI.
- High-level understanding of digital technologies and systems including: – SEO, Web Analytics, Social Media, CMS, Usability, Accessibility, Email Marketing, Content Marketing & Strategy, Caching & CDNs, Security & Legislation, Display Advertising, Domain Management, Web Server Management, HTML/CSS
- Strong IT skills and experience e.g., HTML, Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress), Google’s suite of website analytics tools, Photoshop
- High level of understanding relating to SEO and optimisation of content.
- High level of understanding relating to UX and UI.
- Strong project management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
We are committed to ensuring everyone feels included, valued and appreciated and we offer a supportive, flexible working environment, amazing opportunities for personal and professional development.
Other benefits also include:
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- Pension contribution
- Free car parking
- Benefits platform with discounts, wellness and engagement tools
- Christmas closure
- Company events
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, email@example.com
#publishing #media #systemsadministrator #mediasystems #mediajobs #systemsanalyst