We are looking for an inspiring content leader with strong strategic and commercial acumen to elevate the department’s capabilities whilst helping to ensure the overall business objectives are achieved. The new Head of Content will work closely with the Senior Executive team to develop and drive the over-arching content strategy for Russell Publishing’s 6 B2B brands and ensure its successful implementation by the team.
The successful applicant should have 5-8 years’ experience in a content environment with a proven track record of success and at least 3 years’ experience within B2B multi-media.
If you are an energetic individual who is driven with ability to apply strategies to deliver results, whilst demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to the fulfil the needs of the business…. Please introduce yourself – we look forward to discussing our opportunity with you.
- At least 5-8 years’ experience in a content environment with evidence of commercial acumen (Minimum 3 years in a B2B environment)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Head of Content or similar role
- People management skills, creating a high-performance team, providing mentoring and training (or training recommendations) to ensure that all team members progress towards their Individual Development Plans
- Dynamic, energetic and engaging, with a drive to succeed.
- Leadership skills with the ability to motivate and empower.
- A strong understanding of WordPress and multi-media editing skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of B2B media including a clear understand of the purpose of content as a vehicle to drive new subscribers, increase reader engagement, improve retention, and generate revenue growth
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an ability to operate both tactically and strategically
- Strong planning, project management, organisation and negotiation skills
- Ability to readily adapt to change whilst managing and prioritising multiple stakeholder requirements
- Setting strategic direction for the content team, including setting KPIs across brands, brand direction, management of relevant systems in terms of content activity and implementation of best practice.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to ensure we enhance the content aspects of our marketing solutions and all content meet the brand guidelines
- Drive the quality of brand content to support the company goal of increasing audience volume and engagement
- Refine & enhance existing products whilst fostering a culture of innovation to Identify, implement & trial new products/channels in line with the brand/company strategy
- Implementing a content strategy to enable a brand to transition to a freemium or paid membership or subscription model
- Overseeing suite of reporting metrics to measure and monitor effectiveness and progress towards objectives.
- Mapping of all processes in content to drive best practice and innovative deployment of new systems where appropriate liaising with key stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and develop all members of the content team.
- Performance management and development of IDP’s for all team members.
- Identify and attend relevant industry events/exhibitions and meetings
- Support the audience team to develop existing subscriber/ membership strategy with an emphasis on engagement
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required.
We are committed to ensuring everyone feels included, valued and appreciated and we offer a supportive, flexible working environment, amazing opportunities for personal and professional development.
Other benefits also include:
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- Pension contribution
- Free car parking
- Benefits platform with discounts, wellness and engagement tools
- Christmas closure
- Company events
- Private medical insurance
- Bonus opportunity
Due to the nature of our location, applicants will require their own vehicle to travel to work.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and salary expectations to Nicola Gilmore, firstname.lastname@example.org
#publishing #media #content #contentstrategy #journalism #events #multimedia #contentdirector #headofcontent #mediajobs